Monday, March 16, 2009

Mojo Monday - Happy as a Clam :)

Wow, I actually did Mojo Monday on Monday! Crazy!! (even though it's ...almost...Tuesday). Whatev! So this is my FAVORITE card I did tonight (out of 3) and I am really, really excited to share it with you all.

When I saw the sketch, I knew I wanted to use the "Many Happy Returns" SU stamp set. It comes with 3 of these really big sayings. I didn't know which I wanted to use though...then I wanted to use my new "In Colors" cardstock from SU...the green and bright blue (gorgeous). Then, what pieced it all together was this Amy Butler paper I've had since I first started scrapbooking...I got it from Michael's. And since it was underwater-like, I remembered one of the sayings said "happy as a clam" and there was a clam-like picture on the paper! PERFECT! So I cut that out because I was going to 3-d it and put it on top. I used coordinating CTMH markers for the stamp and only wanted the "happy..." saying in red to match the clam. The striped pattern paper is from a different set from Michael's. I finished it all with a couple pearls to go with the theme.

I'm pretty proud of myself (normally I am satisfied with my creations, but this one really gets me "happy"). I really hope you like, and I hope I have the opportunity to send this to someone soon!

Good night and talk to you all soon. I love hearing feedback on any of my cards and to know what you like or don't or what you would do differently. Thanks in advance!!

Julie

6 comments:

  1. very bright and fun!!!love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's darling, Julie! I love bright colors, too. Happy Paddy's Day!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright cheerful colors. Makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, I LOVE the vibrant colors on this card they just pop off the card! Ooolala! Nice job on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You rocked this sketch! And you reminded me I have to post mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute clam! Super job on the sketch.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!