Friday, March 13, 2009

Loopdie-Doop Cupcake!

I've been searching the web like crazy today since I was home from work (sick...not as much fun). And I came across yet another challenge: Sketch For You To Try. This really gets me going - however, since I don't have any color scheme to work from, it takes me a tad longer ...say TWO HOURS! Why? I dunno, maybe its me not feeling my best or that I have a creative block or that this paper was way too cute for me to use because I wanted to keep it for myself! lol, but I can't be a paper hog.
This card is my cousin, Amber, who is turning 16 (oh my gosh) tomorrow. I'm going to her party :) One of the many traits I love about her is that she is not a girly-girl. She's a little bit of a rocker-punk-pretty girl. (and not to mention she is very, very technologically advanced, even when she was younger! She's such a smarty pants!)
So, it took me a little bit more time - and I just got in my free hostess set "Hand Drawn Bundle" including the little cupcake from the stamp set "It's a Loop Thing" and the patterned papers. YUM.
I stamped the cupcake on some transparency with brown Staz-on and glittered it with Doodlebug (love that stuff). The "Seize the Cake" is from Hero Arts and the ticket corner punch is from SU! and the brads from Michael's. The green paper was run through the Cuttlebug (one of my fav toys) in the Tiny Bubbles embossing folder.
I think it looks pretty enough to eat...and it took me longer than it would if I would have just made her cupcakes. LOL. ...she better enjoy this!

1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, LOVE this card!! Bright colors, all the textures!! So fun and Happy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!