Sunday, March 8, 2009

Caardvarks Critter - Toad-ally Hoppy for You!

Yeah! Another Caardvarks challenge - I love these :) I got this new frog paper from K2 - which I cut the little guy (girl...she has eyelashes) out and with my Top Note Die Cut from SU I cut a little piece in blue to symbolize the water and the yellow cardstock was run through the cuttlebug - I think it was the forest branches embossing folder...something like that. I made the "toad-ally" with a combination of 2 CTMH fonts - the first is the Doodlebug (retired) and the other was a free set with purchase. The "hoppy for you" is part of the Very Funny set from SU - I just got this and I'm REALLY excited...their so cute with their play on words.

Oooh speaking of SU - I can't wait until TUESDAY when we get our SU order in from Debbie! I am excited for the Sale-a-bration stamps and the corduroy buttons!! Woohoo!

Focus: ok so I used my handy-dandy crop-o-dile to do the eyelets and hung it with some twine (I got the twine in a big bundle at Wal-Mart for like $5.99 - I don't think I'll ever run out...but it's nice, I like it - it almost has a waxy coating). So I "hung" this sign from the edge of the die cut paper - it can move back and forth. I just made sure to secure the corner of the paper with a glue dot so the sign didn't come off completely.

I wanted to add like a little fly or something, but I didn't have a stamp or a picture of a fly, and I think the card might be busy enough as is. But, this is Jim's favorite card so far :) He's so sweet.

That is all for tonight...I've been a busy card-makin' girl! I hope you enjoy them - please leave feedback, I'd love to hear if you would add or remove anything, I'm always curious to see how other people would re-design my card. Oooh that would make for a good challenge. I'll have to let Naomi know!

Good Night/Morning!!

7 comments:

  1. Flies WOULD be cute though Julie!!! But I agree with your DH, this is one adorable critter card. I especially like the sentiment hanging like a sign off the card panel. So creative!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Caardvarks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness ... I love your sentiment and how you hung it on the little sign ... and the touch of water along the bottom of the die cut ... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥TOADALLY♥ adorable is what i say!!! soooooo very fun, as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Lauren...Toad-ally adorabe! I love all the details, like the hanging sign and embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN card!!! Love the frog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the froggy!! Soo cute! Great card! I think this one is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. PERFECT! LOVE that froggie! What a cute sentiment too :)

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!