Thursday, March 26, 2009

KWCC 47 - Happy Birthday Friend

Great colors! So it's a quick post tonight because I've got to pack for our trip tomorrow to Orlando. My friend Christy and I have celebrated our birthdays together for a couple years now (hers is March 28th - tomorrow, and mine is the 31st!).
So I hope Christy isn't reading this....but I'm sure she is....but I wanted to something really fun for her card and make a gift card holder. When I saw these colors, I just knew it was going to be great!
Our friend Naomi already gave us our b-day presents because she CAN'T GO to Orlando. Geez Na. But she got me the POLKA DOTS from PTI - aaah I've been obsessing...I love love love love love. I used them for the brown polkas on the GC holder and in orange-y ink on the little flowers.
Happy Birthday Christy (and me!!) :) Can't wait for Orlando!!
Night All!
recipe:
brown and peachy cardstock (?)
SU cardstock (in color)
SU white blooms
cuttlebug - spots
creative cafe - brown buttons
kaiser craft pearls
SU chocolate brown ink
michaels - sticky letters
SU rub on
PTI - polka dots!!

8 comments:

  1. so cute!! you used the colors so well!! nice job!

    lol

    AGUS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Happy early birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did awesome on the color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun gift card making the awesome Michael's gift cert even more awesomer! BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea! Happy early birthday, my daughters was the 26th.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Julie!! I just love my card!! (and my other gifts too!!) Great job with the challenge! Thanks soo much to you and Jim for spending the weekend with Wes and I. We really had a great time! I love being able to celebrate our Birthdays together!!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!