Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July! (and a Birthday!)

Happy July 4th!

I thought this card would be appropriate to post today because the stars look like fireworks :)

My nephew (on my husband's side) turned 7 yesterday! I can't believe it...he is growing so quickly! He was only about 6 months old when I started dating my husband, wow, how time flies.

This card was super simple to make...just a few stamps, paper and my Sizzix Stars die cut.

The colors were inspired from the Transformers wrapping paper that we used to wrap my nephew's Nerf gun.

(Jim and I spent at least an hour in the aisle deciding which Nerf gun would be best. They all look exactly the same to me, lol, so I'm glad Jim was there to make the decision).

The birthday boy celebrated in Disney World this weekend -I know they are having a great time :) I really needed a little R & R time...so I did not join them in the festivities.

It's been a super relaxing weekend for me so far, I have the house to myself, I was able to make a couple cards, I've watched a good amount of tv :) and I'm planning on cleaning the floors....at some point...that's my plan, anyway!

Hope you all have a fabulous 4th and be safe!!

Hugs and Love,
J

recipe:
stamps: Papertrey Ink (PTI) Star Prints, Everyday Button Bits; Stampin Up (SU) Solid Stripes
ink: Versamark
paper: Papertrey Ink (PTI) and Stampin Up (SU)
misc: Sizzix Stars #2 die cut; brads

2 comments:

  1. This card is so perfect for a 7 y/o boy! The stars definitely do look like fireworks. :)

    I know what you mean regarding the Nerf guns! My brothers were into it BIG time. I've learned that the more that shoot out at the same time, the better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun card, Julie! :)
    Love the bright colors on the neutral background. Great design!
    Glad to hear you're having a nice and relaxing weekend. Happy 4th of July!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!