Thursday, July 15, 2010

Birthday Wishes!


I'm really proud of this card :)

I made it for my coworker...she's adorable, preppy and very sweet (and she loves pink).

I have had such a card-making blockage lately. This card took me over an hour. I just couldn't get the layout right..it's like I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but I couldn't do it. Do you ever get that? Luckily, I finished the card
and was happy with it.

The birthday girl liked it, too. Which always makes you feel better about what you've made!!

I know I always say it...but I'm not good at layering. It makes me anxious. I never feel like it quite goes together. This card, for me at least, has a lot of layering -- and detail. I wanted to make sure I took pictures of everything...in case I felt the need to duplicate it later :)
For instance, I hand-stamped the Happy Birthdays at the bottom repeatedly..and sideways (on purpose).
This was stamped in VersaMark. If you've never used it, you definitely should start! It's perfect for
embossing...or like in this case, it makes a watermark effect slightly darker than the color of your cardstock.

I also wanted to use a few new die cuts that I got from PTI ( Papertrey Ink ) a couple months ago. Oh, and the felt. LOVE the felt. YUM!

Everything comes together to make this cute little birthday card :)

Hope you like it too!! Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs and Love,
J


recipe:
paper: PTI Papertrey Ink Hawaiian Shores; plain white cardstock; American Crafts Craft Fair
stamps: PTI Papertrey Ink - Mega Mixed Messages and Fillable Frames #1
ink: VersaMark, PTI Papertrey Ink - Hawaiian Shores and Simply Chartreuse
die cuts: PTI Papertrey Ink - Eyelet Lace Border and Fillable Frames #3; Sizzix Big Butterflies; Stampin Up tiny leaves
misc: Martha Stewart doily tags; PTI Papertrey Ink felt in Simply Chartreuse and Raspberry Fizz; Basic Grey Bling It pearls; Glimmer Mist; flower and pins from Michaels

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I think your layers came out just fine! They look great! :) I love your die cuts and the colors. And I love the pins that you added to your butterfly! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!