Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Happy Wedding Doily!

Meet...my card :)

I think this begins my new found obsession. Doilies. Yes, these little beauties are so versatile....just look at Dawn McVey and Retrospection blog posts. Just fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. I HAD to go to Michael's this morning to pick up these little babies...Martha Stewart Die Cut Lace Doily Tags. For $3.99 you get 3 different styles (4 of each). Aren't they just delightful? Can't wait to see what else I come up with!

Ok back to the card :)

This is the first card (pretty much ever) that I've tried layering. I stink at layering...I WANT to layer, I just have some inability to do it right. Finally, I think I did it right!

I made this for my coworker friend's brother who is getting married this Sunday. Their colors are fuchsia and yellow...such happy colors! I added a little smoke/black to it for some contrast :) I hope my friend (and the new couple) enjoys my card!!

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear what you think :)
Have a fabulous day!!

Recipe:
Stamps: All are Papertrey Ink (PTI) -- sets include
Giga Guide Lines, Background Basics Text Style
Ink: VersaMark; Papertrey Ink (PTI) - Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz
Paper: Papertrey Ink (PTI): Bitty Dots, Smokey Shadow, Clear Cardstock
Embellies: Martha Stewart Lace Tags; Lace from Joann's; black ribbon; Kaiser Craft Pearls
Misc: white embossing powder, Martha Stewart Butterfly punch
Sizzix - Top Note Die Cut and Big Butterflies Die Cut, Little Leaf Die Cut

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it! Good job with the layering! (I see your Top Note die is out of hiding!) :) Im sure the happy couple will LOVE this card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so pretty! I would have never guessed you didn't really layer....you did a fabulous job doing it here!

    Side note: I totally lied....I had visited your blog before! Oh yes, and I do believe you had left me a comment before. You just looked so different than your picture! :) SO glad that I got to meet you- you're a sweetheart, Julie!

    ReplyDelete

You just made my day!!