Wednesday, January 27, 2010

With Sympathy

We have the sweetest, most adorable older couple neighbors from New York: Sal and Stella. Oh they are so cute...Stella's signature phrase (for when something is expensive) is "you leave a pint of blood" -- lol. She's just hilarious.
We found out that when they went up North for the holidays that her brother passed away. She called us to let us know they wouldn't be back for a little while and asked if we could look over their house, get their mail, etc. I just hate hearing about these things....it's so sad and it breaks my heart for them.

I wanted to make a card for her for when she came back, so that she would know we were thinking about her and we were here if she needed us.

I made a simple, yet pretty card; nothing over the top, but still detailed enough.

It can't help me think of the victims in Haiti from the recent disaster. How their families feel, what they are going through, how horrible the conditions are...I hope everyone is able to donate, volunteer, do whatever they can to help the survivors.

God Bless.

recipe:
stamps: Stampin Up Medallion, Unity Stamp January '10 KOTM (the "wreath" in the center of the medallion) and Bevy of Butterflies (sentiment)
paper: SU Rich Razzleberry
ink: PTI Fresh Snow
misc: corner rounder; jeweled brad

1 comment:

You just made my day!!